Web Content Development – Photographer (Part-Time)
GodKulture is a faith based conglomerate of professionals that use their creativity to change the world. Our vision is to operate as a network that empowers leaders, visionaries, artists, writers, business owners, activists and more to have more impact in their respective paths in life. We do this through the unique arms of GodKulture, namely: publishing, design and branding, platform development, event production, music production, and people development. If you are interested in being a part of this adventure, you are welcome to explore this opportunity further. Learn more about GodKulture here
We are looking for collaborators to revamp and maintain an online platform we are developing, called ‘The Cedars.’ ‘Cedars’ is a platform that displays what a relevant and inspirational life looks like for the millennial audience through different forms of creative expression, including writing, video, and photography. For the Spring of 2017 we are looking for creative, self-starters that will take on key roles as part of the team that develops creative content for the ‘Cedars’ platform. Learn more about The Cedars Platform here
We are seeking a photographer that will capture visuals to bring the ‘Cedars’ platform to life. As photographer you will capture content that will be used to craft ‘Visual Stories’ which share a unique message strictly through photography and copy. Likewise, the photographer will also take on smaller projects to capture content used to enhance different parts of the website.
The ideal person will see this role as an opportunity to their build their portfolio of work. He or she is also able to capture the Creative Director’s vision and apply creativity to bring them to life. Likewise the great photographer for this role enjoys collaboration and is comfortable in posing people based on the message to be shared.
- Collaborate with Creative Director in crafting ‘Visual Stories’
- Contribute to pre-production to conceptualize projects
- Capture behind the scenes photography for ‘Meet the Cedars’ and ‘She Talks’
- Shoot and edit photos to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Editorial Planner to ensure that finished projects align with the vision behind the platform
- Maintain communication with editorial planner to adhere to deadlines
- 2 years of photography experience
- Experience in photo editing (experience with Adobe software is a plus)
- Experience with video editing software
- Able to work in a project based environment
- Able to bring creative ideas that result in strong emotional effect on viewers
- Ideally, has access to own equipment
- College degree completed or in process
The team will be largely virtual in the planning phase for each visual story developed. The team will meet in person for both photo and video shoots and a few team meetings. As this is a largely virtual team, in person activities (video production, photoshoots, team meetings) will occur mainly on Saturday mornings. A content calendar will be provided to assist with planning.